Per CNET, Siebel fired off a response:
"Salesforce.com's stated strategy is 'no more software.' I think what they mean is, 'We don't want to write software for you. Do it yourself.' More and more customers tell us they want to look to one company to deliver a solution to them," Keith Raffel, Siebel group vice president of products, said in a statement."
- Siebel $1.4 billion revenue (hosted and non-hosted service)
- Salesforce.com $96 million (hosted service)
- Siebel's OnDemand has 28,000 end users at the end of 2004
- Salesforce.com has 214,000 subscribers from 13,000+ companies
- Siebel has 2.9 million users worldwide (across both hosted and non-hosted).
Interesting flanking moves going on here.
Permalink: Salesforce.com Announces Expansion of CRM War Front
Tags: CRM software