I have been at Hyperion's Solution 2007 conference over the last couple of days, i have had a great time, As with most things in life i like a few things and there were others that i didn't not enjoy as much. But in all a pretty good conference.
My biggest takeaway from the conference is the love the business user or the financial community has for the Hyperion suite of products, they really like this stuff. And as could be expected were VERY worried about how things are going to go with the Oracle acquisition. Quite a few of these customers seem to have SAP as their ERP and were worried about how things would pan out. Quite understandably.
One of the keynotes were by Tomas Kurien from Oracle trying to explain what the future will be like, but the presentation was pretty generic. Below are some of the topics covered:
1. Common customer base of 4000 customers
2. Shared vision for the future of
3. Smoothest transition
4. Vision of EPM – Enterprise Performance Management – ERP / transaction system, Operation BI & Financial Performance Management systems.
5. Oracle+ Hyperion Joint Mission – Insight to Action
6. Objective – Product – Stage in Management lifecycle
Set Financial and Operation Strategy – Crystal Ball – Set Goal
Model Financial Objectives – Strategic Finance + Performance Scorecard – Set Goal
Define Financial & Operating Plan – Planning – Plan
Align Plan with Operation information – Planning + ORCL ERP + ORCL BI Apps – Plan
Monitor Financial and Operation Execution – ORCL BI + Alerts + Search – Monitor
Integrated financial + Operation Analytics – ORCL + HYP BI – Analyze
Integrated financial + Operation Analytics – ORCL Data Integration + Quality – Analyze
Integrated financial + Operation Analytics – HYP MDM – Analyze
Consolidate Financial Information – HFM + MDM + Financial Data Quality – Report
Generate Reports – Analytical Services + ORCL BI Publish – Report
Compare Financial and Operation Plans – Performance Scorecard + BI Tools – Align
Present in Executive Portal – System9 Workspace – align
7. System 9 Momenum continues – Catalyst for performance management, 1700 customers, 9.3version & is going to be extended to EPM
8. Don't worry SAP customer we are going to continue support, We are staying open source system
9. Check out widgets and R&D Central.
those were the key takeaways, more later.
On the lighter side, the first signs of change are the
1. The Orange from the Hyperion Site has been replaced by Oracle Red
2. The always used Hyperion Management Cycle Chart has now got the ORACLE Red